A good working relationship is the key to delivering ROI in your construction project supply chain.
“What are you drinking?”
“Just a trim today then, like always?”
We love it when people know what we want – whether they’re barmen, barbers or the woman in the sandwich shop. So why don’t we make familiarity a key part of our construction project supply chains?
After all, the level of trust you put in the bloke pulling your pint or splashing red sauce on your sandwich doesn’t even compare to the level of trust you need to put in your subcontractors.
So it makes sense to start looking for long-term partners instead of fly-by subbies.
It’s not just about making your day a little easier because your subbie knows what to expect. It’s about making sensible decisions that’ll benefit your construction business and clients in the long run.
The construction business runs on trust. Yes, it’s pleasant to work with someone who knows what you want and is used to your methods, but having a long term partner is worth much more than that.
If your subcontractor can trust you to provide work, collaborate using shared tools, pay on time, work in partnership by taking their concerns into account, you can in turn trust them to go above and beyond, work hard, and provide you with the skills you need to successfully complete a project.
The more projects you complete successfully, the better your business performs, and the more cash you have to invest. Sounds like a successful partnership to us!
- The construction industry runs on trust – if you can’t trust your sub-contractors, can your clients trust you?
- The more a subbie trusts you, the more likely they are to help you deliver a successful project.
- In the middle of an ever-worsening nationwide skills shortage, trusting relationships are key to success.
- The longer you work with a partner, and the more you build a trusting relationship, the less likely it is that you will waste time and money settling disputes.
- Contractor profit margins are tighter than ever, so working with suppliers you can trust to get the job done is critical.
Make sure your subbies can trust you when it comes to payday. Download: The Construction Payment Blueprint – 5 Ways to Generate Trust in Construction