Progressclaim.com Pty Ltd ACN 115 789 065 (hereinafter “Progressclaim.com”) owns the Website situated at www.Payapps.com (hereinafter “Payapps.com”)
To cancel your subscription plan you must notify our support team to inform them of your request. Your account will be disabled and your subscription plan will be expired within twenty (20) working days of receipt of your written cancellation request.
You may cancel your subscription plan at any time during your subscription plan period, but please be aware that you will not be able to claim back any portion of the paid funds for the unused reminder of your subscription period.
This cancellation policy is part of the terms and conditions of the Web Site User and Service Agreement that you must accept prior to purchasing one of our subscription plans.
Progressclaim.com through its Web Site situated at Payapps.com provides an online demonstration that you can use to help determine whether the Payapps.com Web Site satisfies your needs. As such, no refund is offered to any purchased subscription plan. Please use the online demonstration service to make sure you are happy with the Payapps.com Web Site prior to committing to the purchase of one of our subscription plans.
In the case of an unforeseen event occurring on the Payapps.com Web Site which affects your ability to access data and other features that you have purchased a subscription for, Progressclaim.com will offer an appropriate time extension to your subscription plan in lieu of a partial refund. Extensions will only be granted to Users who actively are trying to use the Payapps.com Web Site during a period when a downtime has occurred. The User must send a written request to the support team at PayApps.com with details of the period when the downtime occurred. The Payapps.com Web Site support team will assess the request within 20 working days of receipt and provide an appropriate time extension to your subscription plan if the claim is substantiated. Please note that Progressclaim.com will only approve these requests if it is satisfied no other users were logged into the Payapps.com Web Site at the alleged period of downtime. Progressclaim.com will not approve the request in the case of the problem being related to the User’s personal computer and/or internet connection. Extensions will not be approved for a scheduled period of downtime where a forewarning notice has been sent to the Payapps.com Web Site Users prior to the period of downtime occurring.
This refund policy is part of the Terms and conditions of the Web Site User and Service Agreement that you must accept prior to purchasing one of our subscription plans.
Progressclaim.com Pty Ltd ACN 115 789 065 (hereinafter “Progressclaim.com”) owns the Website situated at Payapps.com, Progressclaim.com is bound by the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and is committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement applies to the Payapps.com Web Site and governs Progressclaim.com’s practices in respect of the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information. By the User using the Payapps.com Web Site, the User consents and agrees to the personal information and data practices described in this privacy statement.
Collection of Personal Information
Progressclaim.com through its Web Site Payapps.com collects and holds the following:
- personal information, such as your e-mail address, personal name, physical work and company address, Australian Business Number, Australian Company Number, mobile phone number, land line telephone number, and facsimile number;
- personal information about your computer hardware and software including: your IP address; browser type; domain names; access times; and Web Site pages used and accessed;
- personal information about your credit card payment details or bank account payment details; and
- anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as the location of commercial building projects, of which you are associated.
(all hereinafter called “Personal Information”)
Use of Personal Information
Progressclaim.com through its Web Site Payapps.com uses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- For the provision of the Services;
- To evaluate, maintain, develop and enhance the Services and the Payapps.com Web Site;
- To conduct system administration of the Web Site, including technical support and customer support of the Web Site and its computer systems;
- To provide general statistics regarding the use of the Payapps.com Web Site;
- To inform you of other products or services available from the Payapps.com Web Site;
- To communicate special offers, promotions or market research surveys; and
- To respond to requests, inquiries, complaints, applications and to arrange for deliveries.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Progressclaim.com through its Web Site Payapps.com may disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the following purposes:
- To third party service providers including Internet Service Providers (ISP), data processing providers, billing services, financial institutions, printing operations and statistical analysis;
- Any Related Body Corporates of Progressclaim.com;
- To overseas based third party entities if you and/or the User are accessing the Web Site Payapps.com from a country outside of Australia (in this instance Progressclaim.com will attempt to ensure that your privacy continues to be protected consistent with Australian law).
- Without notice, and only if required to do so by law, if such action is necessary to: (a) comply with any legal requirement at law, statute or otherwise (b) claim, protect and defend any of Progressclaim.com’s intellectual property rights or any other legal rights; and, (c) act under urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Payapps.com Web Site or the general public.
Progressclaim.com through its Web Site Payapps.com collects information through the use of “cookies”. A “cookie” is an anonymous unique alphanumeric identifier and small file, sent to your browser which is placed on the user’s hard drive during a visit to the Payapps.com Web Site.
The information Progressclaim.com collects via cookies does not personally identify you, although it does identify your browser. Progressclaim.com uses this information to provide you with customised information when you visit our Web Site, and to collect aggregated user data for the purposes of usage analysis, quality control and administering and improving the Web Site. Aggregated data may be shared with third parties.
You can prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, be notified when you receive a new cookie or disable cookies altogether by changing your browser’s preferences menu. If you disable cookies, you will may not be able to use the customised functions on our Web Site.
Security of your Personal Information
Payapps.com secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Payapps.com secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Progressclaim.com through its Web Site Payapps.com does not sell, rent or license its customer aggregates of Personal Information to any third parties.
Progressclaim.com cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will be protected against unauthorised access or misuse by third parties. Progressclaim.com will not accept any liability for the improper actions of unauthorised third parties.
Changes to this Statement
Progressclaim.com through its Web Site Payapps.com will occasionally update this Privacy Statement to reflect company and customer feedback. Progressclaim.com encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Payapps.com is protecting your information.
Accessing Personal Information
Individuals may request a copy of the personal information that Progressclaim.com holds about them by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing at the address set out below. Progressclaim.com may require individuals to verify their identity and may charge a reasonable fee for processing the request.
Progressclaim.com welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement.
If you believe that Payapps.com has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please contact Progressclaim.com in writing to the following person:
Progressclaim.com Pty Ltd
Level 9, 360 Collins St,
Melbourne VIC 3000